Get Your Free Topic-Based Item Set
For a limited time, we are offering a free Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)* STEM Gauge® topic-based item set to try in your classroom. This is your opportunity to experience how STEM Gauge can support your transition to the NGSS.
Included with your free topic-based item set is access to a Teacher's Guide and Formative Support Tools, so you can really engage your students in formative assessment practices around the topic of your choice.
Teacher’s Guides provide:
- Suggestions for using the assessment questions in your classrooms
- Alignment to the PEs in a given NGSS topic including each of the 3 dimensions and Depth of Knowledge (DOK) levels
- Instructional strategies for transitioning to the NGSS
- Sample student responses and descriptive rubrics for constructed-response and extended-response items
About STEM Gauge
Measured Progress STEM Gauge is a formative assessment tool that supports classroom instruction in the transition to the NGSS. STEM Gauge provides students with opportunities to demonstrate understanding of the 3 dimensions of performance expectations as instruction occurs.
With each STEM Gauge, teachers get:
- Topic-based item sets with 20–25 assessment questions built to Performance Expectations (PEs)
- Teacher’s Guides with strategies for using item sets to provide evidence of students’ understanding
- Formative Support Tools that help teachers integrate the NGSS into classroom instruction and assessment
Download Your Free NGSS poster—sized to print from your computer and hang in your office or classroom!
Want to talk to someone about how STEM Gauge can support your instruction? Call us at 866.239.2150 or email us.
*NGSS is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards was involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.